For more information, or to register:
Please call Kim at 801-587-3023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Register at this link: surveymonkey.com/r/asthmaLC2017
View a 15-minute recorded informational webinar at: http://tinyurl.com/AsthmaLC
The Utah Pediatric Partnership to Improve Healthcare Quality (UPIQ) and the Utah Department of Health (UDOH) Asthma Program are partnering to help pediatric practices improve the delivery of asthma care in children. This 9 month improvement project will take place in the practice’s office. We will award 25 points toward Part 4 of the of the American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
Aims for Participating Practices:
- Build and use an asthma registry for patient population management
- Improve documentation of asthma severity and control levels
- Appropriate initiation, change, or no change in medication based on documented levels of severity and control
- Asthma severity documentation
- Initiation of Therapy based on documented severity
- Asthma control documentation
- Appropriate change to therapy plan based on documented control
- Asthma Action Plan on file
All aspects of the project will take place in the practice’s office. UPIQ and UDOH will support the practices in implementing their improvement strategies. Through site visits and phone/email UPIQ will offer technical support, consultation, and further education to meet practices’ needs.